Spiral bereavement supports children and young people in Nottingham and Nottinghamshire following the death of someone important in their lives.
Spiral bereavement has supported over 600 children and families since it launched in 2008. We are a service that is continually developing and responsive to the needs of our service users.
Spiral bereavement offers:
- emotional support for children and young people following the death of someone important in their lives. This could be through individual work, group work or social activities
- family support following a death, for example coffee mornings, adult counselling
- early intervention with families where there has been a sudden traumatic death, with some time exploring the story for children and young people
- consultations for local professionals who are working with bereaved families who may like some additional advice and support
- opportunities to meet with families who have had similar bereavement through activities and events
- creative activities and workshops, some work can be seen on our Spiral gallery
- training opportunities for professionals
- our ‘Missing You‘ bereavement pack for schools, with policy offering support for children and young people in education
- collaborative working with local agencies including Healthy Schools in the City and County, Palliative Care Team, Child Bereavement Facilitator at the QMC