Here at Family Care, we’re very proud to offer lifelong support to all our adoptive families. We’ll be there for you whenever you need us.
The support we offer is varied and tailored to your needs. In addition to the ongoing support provided by your social worker, our support services include:
- support groups for pre-schoolers and their parents
- social events for families
- support groups for parents
- therapeutic services, including Theraplay sessions
- ‘life story’ work, helping adopted children make sense of their early life experiences
- participation projects for children and young people
- training for school staff on how to meet the needs of adopted children
- advice on the pupil premium
- involvement in Education Health Care Plans (EHCPs).
Ofsted rated our adoption support services as ‘outstanding’ at our last inspection in 2014.
Accessing adoption information post-18
When an adopted person turns 18, they have the right to access their birth information if they wish to. Family Care holds the records for people adopted through our agency, whether recently or in the past, and our archive includes records from many other agencies. A full list of the records we hold can be found here.
If you would like to access birth records, contact us on 0115 960 3010 and ask to speak to the duty social worker who will be available Monday-Thursday between 2pm and 5pm and every Friday between 2pm and 4.30pm. Alternatively, you can email us at email@example.com.